Sep 21, 2021 | Cindy MacCormack | 426 views
U7/Initiation Program Families
On behalf of Grand River Mustangs we would like to welcome your family to the U7/Initiation Program (IP) for the 2021/22 season. For those that are new to the Mustangs Family we hope you find this to be a program that focuses on fun, fitness and friendship. For those that are returning to U7 or have another daughter in the Mustangs we look forward to your leadership as we help welcome new families.
The beginning of a new hockey season can be a daunting experience and in order to improve that experience we hope the information below will help you ease into a new routine. As we know you are already aware, COVID has had an impact on how U7/IP will be delivered. Changes to policy are often outside of our control as government and public health guidance changes and we apologize in advance for any friction this may cause.
What To Expect on Arrival
- The first U7/IP session is Saturday, October 2nd at 8:30am on Pad B at the Sportsplex in Fergus. Please arrive no sooner than 20 minutes and use the rear entrance. Your daughter should arrive fully dressed and there will be an area designated to tie skates. Future sessions will be held on Wednesdays and Saturdays and those times can be found online at https://mustangsgirlshockey.ca/Categories/1069/Calendar/
- Everyone entering the facility must complete the facility screening either via using the QR Code on site or using this link from the CW website ahead of time (recommended) https://frm-cvd-ca.esolg.ca/Centre-Wellington/Screening-Form If you don’t screen prior to arrival they will be a code where you can screen on arrival. In either case you will be asked to show the email or screen shot that you have saved.
- Masks must be worn at all times unless on the ice. Players/coaches can remove mask once helmets are on to go onto ice. Masks back on once helmets removed. Coaches must wear masks on the bench.
- Once your daughter’s skates are tied please move to the spectator stands
- The Mustangs is a volunteer organization and relies on family involvement. Moms, Dads and family members interested in helping out on ice are encourage to reach out to [email protected]
- Player safety is a priority for Mustangs. If you are woman over 18 and interested in being a Trainer during U7/IP sessions please reach out to [email protected]
Thanks and we look forward to making it a great year,
Grand River Mustangs